3.20.2008

Mei Tai

I already had a baby carrier that held K on my front, but for a while now I wanted one that could be worn in many different ways. I had my eye on a Mei Tai or a Kozy Carrier version of the Mei Tai, but with their prices as high as they were, I figured I could just make one-- and that's exactly what I did. The Mei Tai is a traditional baby carrier that has been used for hundreds of years and originated in Asia. It can be worn in several ways and works for infants just weeks old all the way through the toddler years. I found the traditional pattern used for the carrier and whipped one out. Kiera loves being toted around in the carrier because she can see everything and she feels as though she's being held, and I love it because it keeps her happy and my hands free (which is especially useful when I walk to the grocery or fabric store!)

1 comment:

Randie Sue said...

This is one of my favorite pictures. Kiera and you match expressions and spunk.

Amazon Affiliate