8.25.2011

Crafting for Baby | Part 1

With this baby's gender being a surprise until delivery day, crafting and planning was a bit limited. However, I'm an completely incapable of not crafting. So instead of sitting idle, I just made boy & girl versions of everything. It was rather fun and kept me busy when all I wanted to think about was getting this baby here so I could hold him or her. When this baby came (10 days early!) we welcomed another little boy into our home. Luckily all of the girl creations won't go to waste- I'll either use them as shower gifts or hoard them for any future girls in the family. Here are a few of the projects I worked on:

Baby bibs- here are the boy versions. The fronts are made of random boy fabrics I had on hand, and the backs are made of terry cloth. Snap closures since velcro isn't strong enough to withstand a two-year-old's powerful tugs.

Crochet beanies- I rediscovered my love of crocheting during this pregnancy. I made SIX hats, several flowers & headbands (now to be gifted!), and a few photo props. It was so fun learning new skills (check out YouTube for video tutorials.) Here are two of the boy ones:

Look how cute that owl one looks on my babe:
If you live in the Ft. Worth area I highly recommend our photographer- Pebblebrook Portraits.

It was so fun to make all of these baby things- more posts coming soon!

2 comments:

Brent and Britta said...

You crochet too!? Dang Kinzie! You are so stinking crafty! Can't wait to get my hands on little E!

Suzanne said...

Such a fun surprise to wait to find out the gender of each child. Mark and I did that with all of ours! It's the best surprise ever. Anyway -- on to your fabulous creations. Love the bibs -- the hippos crack me up AND the hats are adorable. Adorable! I love both of them equally -- they are so cute! But the photo I love best is the last one. What a cutie!

Amazon Affiliate