4.28.2009

Tablecloth turned Cinco de Mayo

Once upon a time (last summer) I bought a red flowered tablecloth meant to use for the fabric. It sat and sat, alone and unused in my fabric stash. That was until I decided to try out a pattern I had brewing in my head. I sketched it out to make be sure of what it would look like. Then I cut out the body pieces. I had to make a muslin trial sleeve to make sure it would work, and it did, so I cut it out of the real fabric. I few rows of elastic smocking later and we have this shirt.
(doesn't it look a lot like the sketch above)
I decided to call it my Cinco de Mayo shirt, because to me it looks a little festive! K was asleep when I made it, but luckily when she tried it on it fit perfect!

4 comments:

Suzanne said...

Of all the cute things you've made -- and there have been many -- THIS is my favorite! Emilio said it best! ;o)

Jamie said...

it amazes me how you just whip things up. you are so talented!

Melissa P said...

I love it!!!!

Kinderkouture said...

How cute is that top. I love the modelled picture. Great idea, and good for you to bring it to life.

Amazon Affiliate