My daughter and I made these yummy ham and cheese pastry sandwiches this weekend, and our family gobbled them up. Try this fun, fast, and festive recipe for a simple Halloween snack or meal.Ingredients:
1 box refrigerated pie crusts (2 count)
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1. Heat oven to 425ºF. Line a baking sheet with nonstick foil.
2. Unroll pie crusts and cut each of the two crusts into as many pumpkin shapes as you can fit (make sure you have an even number as you wil use two pumpkins for each pastry sandwich.) Using a round cutter slightly smaller than your pumpkin cutter, cut 24 rounds from the sliced ham and 24 rounds from the sliced cheese.
3. Layer 2 slices each of ham and cheese in the center of half of the pumpkins. With a small brush, brush beaten egg around edges of pumpkin crusts
4. Top with remaining pumpkins, carefully pressing on edges to seal. Using a spoon, make ridges on pumpkins by pressing into tops in a few places. Pierce ridges with a knife in a couple of places to vent.
5. Place on pan. Brush tops of pumpkins with beaten egg. Bake 10 to 12 minutes until light golden and flakey. Let cool for a couple of minutes before serving.