True JOY comes for free. This Christmas season brings so much joy as we celebrate the true meaning of Christmas and spend time with loved ones. The inexpensive JOY I'm talking about is the paper mache sort. This is a really quick, easy, and inexpensive holiday project you can add to your list... I know my list keeps growing because there are so many fun ideas for the holidays.
-paper mache letters (or wood works too... I just go for whatever is cheapest and cute)
-enough scrapbook paper to cover your letters
-paint for back and edges
-scissors or exacto knife
Instructions: (sorry no pictures... this was another "hurry do this before the kids wake up" kind of project.)
1. Trace around your letters onto scrapbook paper.
2. Cut out scrapbook paper letters, and trim where needed to fit your paper mache letters.
3. Paint your letters and allow to dry.
4. Use mod podge to adhere scrapbook paper to your letters.
5. Distress edges using a sponge and your paint and allow to dry.
6. Apply a coat of mod podge over your scrapbook paper and paint.
Optional: tie ribbons, wooden shapes, etc. to accessorize your letters. Have fun!
May the JOY of Christmas fill your home this holiday season!