1.13.2010

Banana Coconut Lime Bread

The other day I really wanted some yummy bread. Coconut kept coming to mind as a flavor I wanted. As I was trying to think of what to make, I thought, oh! coconut and lime go together and I just happen to have a lime that I need to use up. Hum... maybe I could alter my banana bread recipe, throw in some coconut and lime, and have my dream bread. Well, I started making it, adding random amounts of those main flavors and it turned out DELISH!! The loaf disappeared all too quickly, and I headed to the store and bought a whole bag of limes to make more loaves. So here is my recipe to share with all of you hungry friends- Enjoy!

(I didn't take a picture of the bread, so here is your visual.)

Kinzie's Banana Coconut Lime Bread

Ingredients for 2 loaves:
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- juice from 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon (more or lest) zest from same lime
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shredded coconut

1. Heat over to 350 degrees. Grease bottoms only of 2 loaf pans.
2. Mix sugar and butter. Stir in eggs until well blended. Add bananas, milk, vanilla, and lime juice. Beat until semi-smooth (though I like to leave the bananas a bit chunky. Add lime zest. Stir in flour, baking soda, and salt just until moistened. Stir in the coconut. Pour into pans. {optional: sprinkle some shredded or flaked coconut on top of loaves before baking.}
3. Bake 45-50 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Enjoy!!

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

This sounds so good! I'll have to try it!

Amazon Affiliate