8.03.2010

Printing on Fabric

Did you know that you can print on your own fabric without buying those expensive packages of printable fabric from the store?

I made this project a year ago and found it in my files the other day so I wanted to share this simple tip with you.
I wanted to have some words on fabric to make a pillow for my daughter, but I didn't want to have to stencil or anything. I wanted quick, easy and simple. Here's how I did it:

Materials:
Freezer paper
Lightweight fabric

Instructions:
1. cut your freezer paper to an 8 1/2"  x 11" size (yes, just like a standard sized sheet of paper.)
2. iron your freezer paper to the wrong side of your fabric, with the waxy side of your freezer paper facing down. about 30 seconds on all areas of your freezer paper or until the waxy side has melted and adhered to your fabric.
3. cut your fabric down to the size of your freezer paper.
4. feed your freezer papered fabric into your printed and print as normal.
5. after done printing, let it sit to dry for a few minutes.
6. heat set your ink with a hot, dry iron- no steam.
* your printed fabric may be affected by water, so don't get it wet or the ink may run.

1 comment:

Jan said...

love it Kinzie! I have been looking for a way to do this. Thanks for making it so simple!

Amazon Affiliate