12.22.2011

Carmel Apple Chex

Thanks so couponing, I had several boxes of Chex sitting in my pantry. When I got the boxes, I figured I could use it for making Chex mix of all varieties. Pinterest has several Chex Mix/Buddies recipes out there- one of my favorites being Lemon Buddies- so good! Today as I walked into the pantry, I saw those boxes staring at me. Though I've already done my share of baking this holiday season, I decided it was time to whip up a batch of Chex something-or-other. However, this time I was going to create my own recipe.

Introducing:

Ingredients:

4 Tbsp Butter
2 Packets Apple Cider drink mix
3 Tbsp Sugar
4 Cups Chex (I used rice variety)
1/3 cup Caramel bits
3 tsp water


Directions:
  1. Put first three ingredients in sauce pan. Melt butter over medium-high heat and simmer 1 minute after melted, stirring constantly to combine.
  2. Pour over Chex and stir gently to coat evenly.
  3. Using same sauce pan, add caramel bits and water. Melt down until smooth. Drizzle over coated Chex. 
  4. Cool and enjoy! 


No comments:

Amazon Affiliate