10.01.2012

October Entry Table

It's the first day of October, one of our favorite months of the year, and we've got some Halloween decor to help us get even more excited. Here is my new entry table sprinkled with a few Halloween items. Before this year, I had maybe two festive decorations, I've been trying to be better this year, since my kids are really getting into the holiday.

I spotted the most adorable Halloween subway art on the wall of Jen from Tatertots & Jello in her Halloween Plate Wall post. After asking her where she got it, of course she admitted that she made it. So, since I couldn't just buy it, I too had to make one. I worked with a friend of mine to design the vinyl then she cut it for me. I had a board already the perfect size in my scrap stash. I painted it up, distressed it, and slapped on the vinyl. I painted a circle of chalkboard paint for the countdown section, and was done.


I don't own but one pumpkin. It's ugly, half the paint is chipping off, and I couldn't stand to bring it out of the box this year. So instead, I went to my fabric stash, picked out a few coordinating ones, and make some fabric pumpkins. They are fun and colorful, and probably the best thing about them, is the littles can pick them up, toss the around, lay on them, and I don't have to worry about them chipping, cracking, or breaking. I basically followed the tutorial HERE to make the pumpkins. 


I sprinkled a few glitter spiders about, and we are ready for Halloween. Okay, I have to admit, I'm working on a table runner too...

1 comment:

The Millers said...

This is beautiful! You have a talent for decorating, I love it!

Amazon Affiliate