7.18.2012

A Girly Birthday Mantle

Today is my first born's 5th birthday. The hubs and I stayed up late hanging streamers from her door, banners through the kitchen, blowing up lots of balloons, wrapping her chair at the table, and wrapping all of the presents. When she woke up this morning she was giddy with excitement at all of the birthday decorations. I put up her birthday mantle a few days ago so we could enjoy it a bit longer. I never tire of looking at pictures of my sweet girl through the years.
There is a picture of her as a baby and then at each of her birthdays. I added a cute birthday printable that I got from Eighteen25

Then I used one of my blocks to make a cute little number 5 decoration. (I have a big stack of unfinished blocks in my garage that I cut from a 2x4- they are ready for whenever I want to paint up a quick project.) I simply painted it, distressed it and used distressing ink to darken the edges, stuck a number 5 sticker on it, and finished by mod podging over everything. 

You'll notice a little pink and purple pony. My girl is such a cowgirl at heart and insisted on a My Little Pony theme, so I painted her a little pony figurine.

I also made her a cute little birthday hat out of fabric, heavy interfacing, a fabric ruffle, yarn pompom, and stretchy lace. She loves it and insisted to put it on when she woke up!

I am so looking forward to celebrating and spoiling her all day long. We are celebrating with family on the weekend, and I can't wait to make her cake!! More pictures to come.

1 comment:

samone said...

Love this! Im taking inspiration for my daughters birthday.

Amazon Affiliate