7.27.2012

Blueberry Lemon Cookies

Almost every time I go to the store, I can resist buying lemons and limes. They seems to go with so many things, and even when a recipe doesn't call for it, I like to add a little bit of zest to lighten things up. So, I had some lemons sitting in the fridge calling my name. Sitting next to the lemons were some blueberries. I was secretly wishing the blueberries were raspberries, because lemon and raspberry are one of my favorite combos. I pulled everything out to get baking some Blueberry Lemon Cookies- let's see if they turn out. By the time I had all the ingredients out including a few white chocolate chips, my boy had devoured the blueberries . . . so I replaced the fresh for some frozen and my idea still turned out delish!



Blueberry Lemon Cookies

Ingredients:

2 1/2 cups flour
3/4 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons fresh lemon zest
1 cup white chocolate chips
1 cup blueberries or raspberries (fresh or frozen & semi-thawed)


Directions:

  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
  2. In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
  3. Cream butter and sugars until light and creamy. Beat in egg and vanilla until smooth. Gradually add flour mixture until combined. Stir in lemon zest and gently fold in white chocolate chips and berries.
  4. Drop by rounded tablespoons onto parchment lined cookie sheets. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown around edges. Cool for 3 minutes on cookie sheet before transferring to rack to cool completely. Store in airtight container. 



No comments:

Amazon Affiliate