7.27.2012

Pulled Pork & Homemade Buns

I love finding yummy looking recipes on Pinterest and having them turn out just as tasty as they initially appeared. I make pulled pork quite frequently, but I normally just slather it in barbecue sauce. This time I made it with a can of Coke, and it was great. I just put about 4 lbs. of pork sirloin roast in the crock pot, sprinkled on 1/3 cup brown, then poured the can of Coke on top. I cooked on low for about 10 hours. Then I took out the liquid, simmered it down to thicken (put a little corn starch in if you want it thicker), and shredded the pork simply by taking tongs and twisting the meat around- so tender! 


When I started the meat in the morning,  I realized that I didn't have any buns. I had vowed that we were going to stay home, so going to the store was out of the question. Good old Pinterest to the rescue. I found a recipe from King Arthur Flour for Burger Buns and gave it a try. They were so easy to make, and turned out perfect except for the fact that I slightly burnt them. I sat down to play a game of Chutes & Ladders and lost track of time. They still were tasty, just a smidge harder than they should have been, next time I'll pay attention! No one seemed to mind and my kids were asking to eat the buns for a snack the following day. I am definitely keeping this as my go to bun recipe! [Note: It calls for 3 1/2 cups of flour- I used 3 cups white unbleached and 1/2 cup wheat flour.]





No comments:

Amazon Affiliate